The City of Hobsons Bay is again a partner of the Midsumma Festival under the “Go West” brand. Following the success of the 2010 and 2011 Midsumma Festivals, the council has put together a wonderful program that includes art exhibitions, live performances, recreation and a family day. With this sort of variety, there is something for everyone!
Please support the Go West program and come to our party to celebrate the program launch at the Newport Substation at 6.30pm, Thursday 8th December.
Hobsons Bay’s GOWEST events are:
- Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea, Queer Urban Tales exhibition runs from Sunday, 15th January to Saturday, 25th February at The Substation.
- As part of the exhibition, American born performance artist Martha McDonald will host From the City to the Sea aboard the HMAS Blackbird on 19th, 20th, 21st, 27th and 28th January;
- A Gentlemen’s Guide to Eating Out is on Tuesday, 17th January from 6.30pm at the Williamstown Mechanics Institute. See what happens when two men are invited to dine out every night for three months;
- Spoil yourself at a wellbeing workshop for all ages on Wednesday, 18th January from 1.00pm to 8.00pm at Altona Meadows Library and Learning Centre;
- Lesbian crime and romance author Lindy Cameron will give a presentation on Wednesday, 18th January at 7.00pm at Altona Library;
- Hobsons Bay Libraries is holding a Rainbow Family Story Time on Thursday, 19th January at 10.30am at Logan Reserve, Altona;
- Learn how to sail at a free sailing day on Sunday, 22nd January from 10.00am to 4.00pm at Altona Yacht Club;
- Enjoy a game of croquet and afternoon tea on Sunday, 22nd January from 12.00pm to 5.00pm at the Williamstown Croquet Club;
- Scale the walls at Australia’s tallest indoor rock climbing facility on Sunday, 22nd January from 6.00pm to 8.00pm at the Westgate Entertainment Centre;
- Art, Stories exhibition from Friday, 27th January to Sunday, 12th February from 10.00am to 4.00pm daily at The Joel Gallery, Louis Joel Arts and Community Centre;
- A family fun day on Sunday, 29th January from 11.00am to 3.00pm at Kelly Park in Werribee;
- A trivia night featuring quiz mistress Kaye Sera on Sunday, 29th January from 6.30pm to 10.30pm at the Westgate Entertainment Centre; and
- Another Walk on the Wes Side on Friday, 3rd February at 7.30pm at The Substation.
For more information, contact the council on 9932 1000.